Small grants are available to voluntary and community organisations in Calderdale District for projects that will improve the local area.
Next deadlines: 02 May 2018, 1 August 2018, 1 November 2018, 1 February 2019
Max grant available: £3000
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a voluntary, community or faith group based in Calderdale.
- Be properly constituted.
- Have a bank account.
- Be open and accessible to the community being served.
- Have a planned approach to safeguarding issues, if working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Show that they have an eligible project for funding.
Higher priority will be given to:
- Small community groups, defined as those having an income of less than £20,000 per year and no paid staff.
- Groups who have not received a Small Grant from the Council in the past.
Lower priority will be given to:
- Groups who have received a Small Grant in the last two years.
- Groups asking for professional fees.
- Groups with an unrestricted income of over £100,000.
Grants are to be:
- Used for the benefit of people who live in, work in or visit Calderdale.
- Spent within 12 months of the date of the award.
To be eligible, projects must address one of the following Communities theme as set out by the Council:
- Cleaner, greener projects.
- Domestic violence.
- Community resilience.
- Addressing anti-social behaviour.
- Cultural activities.
- Bringing people together on a local/neighbourhood level.